at S entrance to Pyramid Harbor, on W shore of Chilkat Inlet, 3.2 mi. NNWW of mouth of Ludaseska Creek, 20 mi. SSW of Skagway, St. Elias Mts.;
Called by the Russians "M(ys) Yakorniy", meaning "anchor cape" on Russian Hydrographic Dept. Chart 1396 (1848). It was called Sand Point in 1868 by Commander Meade because "it is the bed of an old glacier, low and composed of broken stones which from a distance appear like sand". (1883 Coast Pilot, p. 197).
Carrs Cove, Chilkat Inlet, Chilkoot Inlet, Kalhagu Cove, Kelgaya Bay, Letnikof Cove, Lutak Inlet, Mud Bay, Paradise Cove, Portage Cove, Pyramid Harbor, Shiyi Bay, Taiya Inlet, Taiyasanka Harbor, Tanani Bay,
Anchorage Point, Battery Point, Chilkat Peninsula, Dok Point, False Battery Point, Glacier Point, Green Point, Halutu Peninsula, Kaskulu Point, Kelgaya Point, Lehunua Point, Low Point, Nukdik Point, Seduction Point, Taiya Point, Tanani Point, Zimovia Point,