in Chilkook Inlet, on E coast of Chilkat Peninsula 0.2 mi. S of Kelgaya Bay and 17 mi. SSW of Skagway, Coast Mts.
So named by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) in 1891 because of its resemblance to an earthwork fortification (U. S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1891 p. 203). Arthur and Aurel Krause (1883, map) reported its native name as "Ketlrachta." In 1901 the point was reserved for use as a light-house.
Carrs Cove, Chilkat Inlet, Chilkoot Inlet, Kalhagu Cove, Kelgaya Bay, Letnikof Cove, Lutak Inlet, Mud Bay, Paradise Cove, Portage Cove, Pyramid Harbor, Shiyi Bay, Taiya Inlet, Taiyasanka Harbor, Tanani Bay,
Anchorage Point, Battery Point, Chilkat Peninsula, False Battery Point, Glacier Point, Green Point, Halutu Peninsula, Kaskulu Point, Kelgaya Point, Lehunua Point, Low Point, Nukdik Point, Seduction Point, Taiya Point, Tanani Point,