on N bank of Chilkat River, 1 mi. W of Dok Point and 17 mi. SW of Skagway, Coast Mts.
Named "M(ys) Zimovia" meaning "winter point" by the Russian Hydrographic Dept. in 1848 on Chart 1396. It appears to be identical with Spuhn Point, named in 1880 by the U.S. Navy. Both names were published by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) in the 1883 Coast Pilot, p. 198.