heads on NE slope of Takhinsha Mts., trends to its terminus at head of Kicking Horse River, 5.6 mi. W of Pyramid Harbor and 22 mi. SSW of Skagway, St. Elias Mts. 7 miles long.
Named by W. H. Dall, U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS), and published in the 1883 Coast Pilot (p. 194) as the Garrison Glaciers. International Boundary Commission (IBC) Sheet 9 (1951 atlas) applied the name in 1923 as described above.