heads in Garrison Glacier, flows N 5 mi. to Chilkat River, 3 mi. NW of McClellan Flats and 18 mi. SW of Skagway; St. Elias Mts.
this name was published in 1900 on an Alaska Railroad map. Tlingit Indian name obtained by Aurel and Aurthur Krause (1883, map) was Chalzekahin. U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS), in the 1883 Coast Pilot (p. 198), Katsckahin in the 1891 Cost Pilot (p. 202), and Khaltsekahin on Chart 8300 in 1893.