on W side of Muir Inlet, between valleys of Morse and Plateau Glaciers, 58 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias Mts.
Named by member of the American Geographical Society's Glacier Bay Expedition of 1941 (Field, 1947, map) because H. F. Reid's "triangulation station "G" was established on this point in 1890 (Reid, 1892, pl. 14) and was used by many subsequent observers. It was also known as "The Rat" by tourists of the 1880's.
Adams Inlet, Glacier Bay, Goose Cove, Hunter Cove, Maquinna Cove, Muir Inlet, North Sandy Cove, Nunatak Cove, Sandy Cove, Sebree Cove, South Sandy Cove, Spokane Cove, Stump Cove, Tidal Inlet, Wachusett Inlet,