on W shore of Muir Inlet, in Glacier Bay National Monument, 0.3 mi. SW of Westdahl Point, 65 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias Mts.
Named by members of the American Geographical Society Glacier Bay Expedition of 1941 (Field, 1947, pl. 1), because of the many stumps of an interglacial forest on the hillside at the head of the bay.