in Glacier Bay National Monument, heads 2 mi. N of Tidal Inlet, trends E to its 1948 terminus, 3 mi. W of Muir Inlet, 58 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias Mts.
Named in 1892 by Reid (1896, p. 440) for J. F. Morse, one of his companions on his trip to this area in 1890. Reid originally called it "West Tributary" (1892, map).