in the Muir Inlet, in Glacier Bay National Monument, 1 mi. S of Nunatak Cove, 64 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias, Mts.
Named by members of the American Geographical Society of 1941 (Field, 1947, pl. 1), because in 1926 B. S. Wood and W. O. Field found a seal blind built by the Indians on the island. The name of this island was published as Muir Island by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) on Chart 8306 in 1942.