on N slope of Takhinsha Mts., trends to its 1964 terminus, 1 mi. S of Takhin River and 24 mi. SW of Skagway, St. Elias Mts. 5 miles long.
Named by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) for Arthur Krause, biologist and geographer who, with his brother Aurel, mapped this area in 1881; the name was published in the 1883 Alaska Coast Pilot (pl. 1819). In 1881 Arthur and Aurel Krause were sent by the Bremen Geographic Society to make ethnographic and geographic studies in Alaska. They visited Bering Straights and the district at the head of the Lynn Canal. The results of their investigations were published in various journals.