on E shore of Chilkat River, 1.8 mi. NW of Klukwan and 22 mi. W of Skagway; Coast Mts.
local name reported by Wright (1904, pl. 2 and pl. 11), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). A mining office was established here in 1900, and in 1903 it was a post for the Northwest Mounted Police on what was then the provisional boundary between the United States and Canada.