between Tiekel River and Richardson Highway, 2.3 mi. NE of Mount Tiekel and 35 mi. NE of Valdez, Chugach Mts.
In June, 1899 John F. Rice (in U.S. Congress, 1900, p. 780) wrote, "After several miles of travel we passed what was known as Tiekell City, it having been destroyed by fire some few years before our arrival." A roadhouse was established later, which was reported in 1908 by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) (Moffit and Maddren, 1909, pl. 1).