at mouth of Dicks Arm, on N shore of Cross Sound, 45 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias Mts.
Named in 1794 by Captain Vancouver, (1798, v. 3, p. 211), Royal Navy (RN) for Earl George John Spencer, 1758-1834, a member of the English House of Commons and First Lord of the Admiralty, 1794-1801. It was called "m(ys) Spenser" on Russian Hydrographic Dept. Chart 1378 in 1847. It is shown as "Punta de Villaluenga" on a general map in De Mofras' atlas published in 1845 (U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS), 1883, p. 185).