population 112, in Matanuska Valley, mi. 159.8 on the Alaska RR., between Lucille Lake and Wasilla Lake, 11 mi. SW of Palmer, Cook Inlet Low.
Name of a station on The Alaska Railroad that came into being about 1916. A post office was established here in 1917 (Ricks, 1965, p. 70). The village derived its name from nearby Wasilla Creek.