On Saint Lawrence Island, near the NW Cape of Cape Chibukak.
Named in honor of Mr. and Mrs. V. C. Gambell, Presbyterian missionaries and teachers on the island from 1894 to 1898, who were drowned in 1898, while returning to Saint Lawrence after a year's leave of absence, from the sinking of the schooner Jane Grey. Named by William F. Doty, the new teacher. The name "Gambell" was painted on the front face of the station building as a memorial. (Jackson, 1900, p. 224),