at mouth of Eek River on Eek Point, 45 mi. SW of Bethel, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta
Eskimo village reported in December 1878 by E. W. Nelson, U.S. Signal Service; listed in 10th Census in 1880 as Akooligamute, a village with 162 inhabitants. Census 11th in 1890 listed it as Ahguliagamiut with 106 people. W. S. Post, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), showed the name as Aklukwagamut, on an 1898 fieldsheet obtained from the Moravian missionary. J. H. Kilbuck reported the name is from the word Ak-klut meaning ammunition or provisions. U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) reported this place as abandoned in 1949; Eek (village) fish camp is now here.