in Icy Strait, at mouth of Lynn Canal, 25 mi. SW of Juneau, St. Elias Mts.
Named by Lieutenant F. M. Symonds, U.S. Navy (USN), in 1880, or possibly by Commander R. W. Meade, U.S. Navy (USN), in 1869. Name was published on Hydrographic Chart 225 in 1880. The island was called "Rocky Islet" by Baker (1906, p. 531).
Ansley Island, Bare Island, Barlow Island, Couverden Island, Couverden Rock, Entrance Island, Gauge Island, The Kittens, Ledge Island, Naked Island, Rat Island, Rocky Island, The Sisters, Star Rock, Station Island,