in Glacier Bay National Monument, heads near the Alaska-Canada boundary, trends SE to its 1950 terminus, 1 mi. N of Queens Inlet, 71 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias Mts. 15 miles long.
Named in 1892 by Reid (1896, p. 422), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), for Captain James Carroll of the S.S. Queen, who, in that year, was the first to take a ship into the upper part of Glacier Bay. It was called Woods Glacier by the International Boundary Commission (IBC) in 1898.