both are off W shore of Lynn Canal 5.5 mi. S of Point Whidbey and 29 mi. NW of Juneau, St. Elias Mts.
Named "The Sisters" in 1868 by Commander R. W. Meade, U.S. Navy (USN), and later modified to "Lynn Sisters." The present name was published by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) in the 1883 Coast Pilot (p. 194).