population 778, at mouth of Kenai River, on E shore of Cook Inlet, 65 mi. SW of Anchorage, Cook Inlet Low.History
A fortified post, called Redut Svataya Nikolaya, or Fort St. Nicholas, was built in 1791 by Grigor Konovalof, commander of the St George, of the Lebedef-Lastochkin Company. The village was also called Pauls Fort, or Pavlovskaya, by the Russians. In 1869 a U. S. Military Post, named Fort Kenai, for the Indians living in the area, was established there, and in 1899 the Kenai post office was authorized (ricks, 1965 p. 32). The population was 44 in 1880; in 1890, 263; in 1910, 250; in 1920, 332; in 1930, 286.
Kalifornsky Beach, Salamatof Beach,Capes:Cities:Islands:Lakes:
Arc Lake, Ashana Lake, Bernice Lake, Bishop Lake, Boundary Lake, Cabin Lake, Cecille Lake, Char-Vic Lake, Chickadee Lake, Chugach Estates Lake, Coal Creek Lake, Daniels Lake, Dogbone Lake, Douglas Lake, Echo Lake, Ermine Lake, Every Lake, Flat Lake, Foreland Lake, Georgina Lake, Gooseneck Lake, Headquarters Lake, Island Lake, Lake Ivanoff, Kivi Lake, Konova Lake, Konovalof Lake, Loon Lake, Lower Salamatof Lake, Marie Lake, Nordic Lake, Lake Ootka, Parsons Lake, Plover Lake, Puppy Dog Lake, Reflection Lake, Roque Lake, Salamatof Lake, Slikok Lake, Sports Lake, Stormy Lake, Suneva Lake, Teack Lake, Tern Lake, Thetis Lake, Timberlost Lake, Tirmore Lake, Wik Lake,Rivers:Streams:
Beaver Creek, Coal Creek, Salamatof Creek, Slikok Creek, Soldotna Creek,Cities:
Cohoe, Kalifornsky, Kasilof, Nikishka, Nikiski, Port Nikiski, Ridgeway, Salamatof,