on E shore of Stephens Passage, 2.4 mi. NW of Limestone Inlet and 22 mi. SE of Juneau, Coast Mts.
Named after the Taku division of the Tlingit Indians living in the vicinity, and first applied to the cove in 1848 by Captain Lieutenant M. N. Vasilief, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN). This harbor was, through a treaty with the Russians, the site of a former Hudson's Bay Company trading post, which was established in 1840 (1883 Coast Pilot, &. 169). It was called "Tacou" and "Takou" by Commander R. W. Meade, U.S. Navy (USN), in 1868 and "Taco" by Sir George Simpson in 1841.
Point Anmer, Arden Point, Bishop Point, Circle Point, Cooper Point, Cove Point, False Arden, Grave Point, Greely Point, Jaw Point, Point Salisbury, Station Point, Stockade Point, Point Styleman, Twin Point,
Arthur Peak, Butler Peak, Everett Peak, Fillmore Peak, Irving Peak, Limestone Bluffs, Morse Peak, North Rhine Peak, Randolph Peak, South Rhine Peak, Steeple Peak, Taku Mountain, Webster Peak, Williams Mountain,