in Fox Islands, the group extends 2 miles into Akutan Pass, Aleutian Islands.
Local name; reported by J. J. Gilbert, U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS), commander of the steamer, Pathfinder, during 1900-01. Marcus Baker (1906) published both "Baby Islands" and "Seagull Islets," and notes (p. 556) that they are "locally known as Chaiki (gull) rocks." The islands were named "O(strova) Chayachi" or "Chayachi Islands" by Captain Tebenkov (1852, map 26), Imperial Russian Navy (IRN). In 1871 they were called "Gull Rocks" by W. H. Dall, U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS), who "established a tide gage upon one of them."