heads at confluence of East and South Forks Arolik River, flows NW to North and South Mouths Arolik River, 36 mi. N of Goodnews, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. 14 miles long.
The name of this stream was originally reported in 1898 as "Kwiyadik," an Eskimo name, by J. E. Spurr and W. S. Post (in Spurr, 1900, map 10), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), and it included what is now the North Mouth. In 1913 U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) published the name "Arolic Creek" on Chart T-3399; it is an Eskimo name reported to mean "moon." The Eskimos also called the stream "Aalalik," meaning "ashes," which refers to the "ashes of a burnt village at the mouth of north fork."