in Glacier Bay National Monument, trends N to its 1961 terminus in Johns Hopkins Inlet, 1.4 mi. W of Ptarmigan Creek and 76 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias Mts.
Named by Lawrence Martin, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), about 1912 for George W. Lamplugh, 1859-1926, English geologist who visited Glacier Bay in 1884. Lamplugh joined the Geological Survey in 1901 and was assistant director of the Geological Survey of Great Britain, 1914-20.