18 miles across, extending southwest from Disenchantment Bay to the Gulf of Alaska, Malaspina Coastal Plain.
Tlingit Indian name reported as "Jacootat" and "Yacootat" by Lisianski in 1805. The bay was named "Baie de Monti" by La Perouse, who visited it in 1786, for one of his officers. In the same year, Captain Nathaniel Portlock named it "Admiralty Bay," while the Spanish called it "Almirantazgo." The name "Bering Bay" also has been applied to the feature on the assumption that Bering visited it in 1741. As a result of usage the native name has been adopted.
The Lagoon, Port Mulgrave, Ahduck Bay, Black Duck Bay, Broken Oar Cove, Deep Bay, Gonakadetseat Bay, Graveyard Cove, Monti Bay, Puget Cove, Rurik Harbor, Sawmill Cove, Sea Otter Bay, Shipyard Cove, Yakutat Bay,