flows SW from Gull Pass to Noatak River, Brooks Range
Gold was discovered on this stream in 1898 and the stream was probably named at that time. The place was so inaccessible, however, that the miners spent only a few days there. Not only was the area inaccessible but it was also difficult to prospect because of lack of timber. It is reported that the planks used for sluice boxes were whipsawed by hand on the Reed River, 30 mi. away, and hauled by dogs and men to the "Lucky Six." The Eskimo name for it is "Kununak," reported by Orth, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), in 1956 to mean "waterfall."