heads at 565900N1574200W and flows NW to Bristol Bay, 136 mi. NE of Port Moller and 175 mi. SE of Cape Newenham, Bristol Bay Low. 44 miles long.
So named by R. H. Sargent, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), in 1923 "because its valley had been filled with cider-like ejecta from Aniakchak Volcano." It was called Cinder Creek by W. R. Smith and A. A. Baker (in Brooks and others, 1924, pl. 8) , U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).