population 99, on E coast Alaska Peninsula at head of Anchorage Bay, Aleutian Range
Aleut village probably established as a fishing village and cannery named for Chignik Bay. The 1890 Census lists it as "Chignik Bay" with a population of 193. Its population was 224 in 1939 and 253 in 1950. The Chignik post office was established in 1901.
Anchorage Bay, Boomers Cove, Castle Bay, Chignik Bay, Chignik Lagoon, Jack Bay, Lake Bay, Lumber Bay, Mallard Duck Bay, Mud Bay, Mud Hole, Necessity Cove, Northwest Arm Castle Bay, Portage Bay, Ross Cove, Warner Bay,