Open in The Map
61 ° 1' 44" N, 144 ° 44' 48" W
2323 ft (708.05 m)
trends NW on E bank of copper River, 6 mi. SE of mouth of Cleave Creek, 52 mi. E of Valdez, Chugach Mts.
Named in 1898 by Captain W. R. Abercrombie, USA. It was called Cottonwood Island in 1885 by Lieutenant H. T. Allen, USA.
Pictures of, from, or near The Peninsula.
Heney Glacier, McCune Glacier, Shiels Glacier,
Tasnuna River, Tiekel River,
Cleave Creek, Dewey Creek, Ginny Creek, Jackson Creek, Nels Miller Slough, Thunder Creek,