at junction of Franklin Creek and South Fork Fortymile River, 48 mi. SW of Eagle, Yukon-Tanana High.
This mining camp was originally reported as "Franklin Gulch" by Brooks (1900, pl. 47), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). A post office named "Franklin" was established here in 1902 and maintained until 1945 (Ricks, 1965, p. 22). The place had a population of 5 in 1940.