from Dixon Entrance to Sumner Strait, along E coast of Prince of Wales Island. 126 miles long.
Named by Captain George Vancouver, Royal Navy (RN), about September 20, 1793, for Prince William Henry, one of the sons of King George III of England (Wagner, 1937, p. 449). Lieutenant Don Jacinto Caamano on July 23, 1792 called that part of the water passage between Prince of Wales Island and Cleveland Peninsula, "Entrada de Nuuestra Senora del Carmen."
Abraham Islet, Avon Island, Center Island, Deadman Island, Deichman Rock, Double Island, Entrance Island, Fawn Island, Independence Island, Lincoln Island, Lincoln Rock, Mabel Island, Marsh Island, McHenry Islet, Mosman Island, North Burnett Island, Observation Island, Quartz Rock, Range Island, South Burnett Island, Split Island, Stanhope Island, The Triplets,