in mouth of Stikine River, 7 mi. NW of Wrangell, Alex. Arch.
Named in 1863 by surveyors from the Russian corvette Rynda for their ship in which they made surveys of Stikine River and vicinity under the command of Lieutenant Vladimir Basargin, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN). The Russian Hydrographic Dept. published in 1867 a chart of the Stikine River as a result of this survey.