in Glacier Bay National Monument, heads on SW slope of Fairweather Range, trends W to head of Lituya Bay, 84 mi. NW of Hoonah, St. Elias Mts. 3.7 miles long.
Descriptive name reported by International Boundary Commission (IBC) on a map dated 1894. J. B. Mertie, Jr. (in Smith and others, 1935, p. 123), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), noted, "called Middle Glacier by La Perouse." Mertie further noted that it has been locally called Crillon Glaciers at the head of the bay have apparently advanced more than 3 miles during the last 180 years. It was called Centre Glacier by members of the Harvard-Dartmouth Expedition, 1933-34 (Washburn and Goldthwait, 1936, map).