On the SE end of Prince of Wales Island, encompasses the entire width of the island at its southeasternmost 1.6 km (1 mi) of Kasaan Peninsula, 1.6 km (1 mi) NW of Grindall Island, Alex. Arch.
Named by Capt George Vancouver, for Capt Grindall, Royal Navy (RN) (Dictionary of AK Place Names, 1969). "Having been discovered by James Johnstone, August 25, 1793 (Wagner, 1937, p. 390). This feature is "Sometimes called by the traders Cone Point" (U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1883, p. 85).