On Kenai Peninsula, on S tip of Chenega Island, at head of Chenega Cove, 42 mi. SE of Whittier, Chugach Mountains.
Name of an Indian village reported by Ivan Petroff in the 1880 census (1884, p.28). A post office was established here in 1946 (Ricks, 1965, p.10) but was discontinued when the village was destroyed by the 1964 Alaska earthquake and abandoned. In subsequent years, the community relocated to Crab Bay on Evans Island; the community of Crab Bay was renamed to Chenega Bay by the BGN in 1998.
Aluklik Bay, Chenega Cove, Copper Bay, Crab Bay, Deer Cove, Eleshansky Cove, Fox Farm Bay, Guguak Bay, Horseshoe Bay, Iktua Bay, Italian Bay, Johnson Cove, Kake Cove, Little Bay, Lucky Bay, Montgomery Bay, Mummy Bay, North Twin Bay, Otter Cove, Sawmill Bay, Shelter Bay, Sleepy Bay, South Twin Bay, Squirrel Bay, Thumb Bay, Whale Bay, Wilson Bay,
Bainbridge Island, Bettles Island, Chicken Island, Danger Island, Elrington Island, Evans Island, Flemming Island, Gage Island, Izmaylov Island, Latouche Island, Ship Island, Sister Rock, Squire Island, Verdant Island,