At head of Situk River, 2.7 mi. E of Lake Redfield and 13 mi. NE of Yakutat, Malaspina Coastal Plain.
Local name reported by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) in 1961. The lake was originally named Miller Lake by Tarr (1906, p. 145), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), for Ensign Cyrus R. Miller, U.S. Navy (USN), who accompanied Lieutenant Commander J. F. Moser in 1901, and who first discovered and explored the lake.