extends SE from mouth of Wind River to head of Peace River, 51 mi. NW of Dillingham, Kilbuck-Kuskokwim Mts.
The Eskimo name of this lake was reported as "Nan-viuk-ka-nuk" on a 1910 manuscript map by H. C. Fasset, U.S. Bureau of Fisheries (USBF); called "Fourth Lake" in 1925 by the U.S. Commissioner of Fisheries because it is the fourth one from Nushagak Bay. The descriptive Eskimo name "Mikchalk," meaning "small lake," was recorded in 1931 by Gerald FitzGerald, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS); published by Mertie (1938b, pl. 1), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).