between Atka and Adak Islands., Andreanof Islands., Aleutian Islands. 5 miles long.
Aleut name reported by early Russian explorers and recorded as "Tshugulla " by Commodore Joseph Billings, Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), in 1790. Two forms, "Tchougoul" and "Tchougoulak," were published by Captain Lutke (1836, p. 320), Imperial Russian Navy (IRN),. The island is shown as Chugul Island by the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) in the 1944 Aleutian Coast Pilot (p. 103).
Alugasux, Chigulam Udaa, Chuguugix Iilamiizax, Chuhngudugis, Daa Agidgix, Hanisxa, Igitkin Bight, Iiqiisix, Naagix Adimtusix, Nahmagix, Ngam Ulaa, Nguugix Iilamiizax, Qahnichxucha, Qigaagix Adimtusix, Qigaangax, Round Cove, Saamlus, Shelter Cove, Tagalam Udaa, Tagalam Udagan Sitacha, Ugiilagaadax, Umak Bight, Yoke Bay,
Bugle Point, Cape Agumsadak, Cape Azamis, Cape Kagalus, Cape Ruin, Cathedral Point, Elbow Point, Igitkin Point, Kingfisher Point, Moss Point, Reach Point, Rip Point, Sulphur Point, Tanager Point, Uchixsax,