in Andreanof Is., Aleutian Is.; 45 miles long and 8 miles wide.
Aleut name; reported in 1761 as "Amlak" by Captain Tolstyk of the ship Andreiani Natalia, according to Ivan Petroff (Bancroft, 1886, p. 168). The name "Amlia" was published in Lieutenant Sarichev's atlas (1826, map 3), Imperial Russian Navy (IRN). The southern part of Atka Island has been called "Amlia Peninsula".
Achiix, Alinguchux, Asxanung, Chagazudax, Chalugas Bay, Chalux, Chaxchix, Chumliisim Tatuu, Chunglugix, Haanugim-tutucha, Haanugix, Hanitunax, Kaalam-tutucha, Kaalax, Kududaga, Malxaaga, Naagix Sangus, Qigaagix Sangus, Qilgix, Quchiix, Qugdugiidax, Qumdaga, Samigux, Sitaadaga, Suluga, Sviechnikof Harbor, Uhmaaga, Ululax, Unaaluga, Ungluzuudax, Uzamkux,