group of islands on E side of Nuka Bay, 50 mi. E of Seldovia, Chugach Mts.
So named by Captain Portlock (1786 track chart), RN, as Pye's Islands. These islands were called "O(strova) Piy" or "Piy Islands" by Captain Tebenkov (1852, map 5), Imperial Russian Navy (IRN), and "Pye Islands" by U.S. Bureau of Fisheries (USBF) in 1888.
Ariadne Cove, Black Bay, Chance Cove, Chance Lagoon, James Lagoon, McArthur Cove, McCarty Fiord, McCarty Lagoon, Midnight Cove, Moonlight Bay, Morning Cove, North Arm Nuka Bay, Nuka Bay, Oaring Cove, Palisade Lagoon, Pilot Harbor, Quartz Bay, Roaring Cove, Surprise Bay, Thunder Bay, West Arm Nuka Bay, Wildcat Cove,