Population 122, on right bank of Kuskokwim River 2.2 mi. SW of Kalskag and 27 mi. W of Aniak; Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
This name is listed as "Kaltkhagamute," having a population of 106, in the 10th Census, in 1880. W.S. Post, USGS, spells out the name "Kal-tchagamut" on his 1898 field sheet, but places the village on the right bank of a slough 1.5 mi. west of the present village called "Lower Kalskag." The place shown by Post is now abandoned; the people have moved to Lower Kalskag and Kalskag. The Russian (Greek) Orthodox Church maintains a mission here which probably accounts for its separation from Kalskag.