population 95, on Seward Peninsula, at mouth of Inmachuk River on Kotzebue Sound , 57 mi. SW of Kotzebue, Kotzebue-Kobuk Low.
This village was established in 1901 on Kotzebue Sound as a supply station for the interior mining camps. A post office was located here in 1901 (Ricks, 1965, p. 16). It was probably named for the 90-ton schooner Abbie Deering which was in the nearby waters about 1900.