on W bank of Copper River, 3 mi. N of Taral and 66 mi. ENE of Valdez; Chugach Mts.
Railroad and mining supply town established about 1908 on the northern terminus of the Copper River and Northwestern RR. located at or near an Indian village or camp. population was 171 in 1920; 116 in 1930; 176 in 1939; and 92 in 1950.