site of an Indian village, on Haines Highway, 5 mi. SE of Wells and 20 mi. SW of Skageway, Coast Mts.
Name of an Indian village reported as "Katkwaltn" by USC&GS in 1898. According to E.illage "was abandoned over 60 years ago after being inundated during a flood." Robertson reported the full native name as "Kahtkwaltoo,", which means "armour of wooden sticks", referring to the armour worn by a Kulkwan chief.