population 110, on E bank of East Fork Chandalar River, 6 mi. SW of junction of Junjik River, Brooks Range
Indian village reported in 1926 by Mertie (in Smith. P. S., 1929, pl. 1), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Its population in 1930 was 40; the village had a post office in 1909-10 named "Arctic" and a new one in 1959 under the present name.