heads at junction of Gilmore and Pedro Creeks, flows W to Chatanika River, 37 mi. NW of Fairbanks, Yukon-Tanana High. 70 miles long.
Local name reported in 1903 by T. G. Gerdine (in Prindle, 1905, pl. 16), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). The valley of this stream, one of the earliest gold mining areas in the Fairbanks region, was settled by 1905 (Kitchener, 1954, p. 297).