Located on the east bank of Poltes Slough, north of Arbor Island, on the right bank of Yukon River, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
On July 15, 1913, gold was discovered on Wilson Creek by EL Mack ensuing stampede. The camp was located on a channel of the Yukon River because of the convenience for a riverboat landing. A post office called "Fortuna Ledge" was established here 1915 (Ricks, 1965, p. 21). The camp was named for Thomas Riley Marshall, 1854-1925, Vice President of the United States in the Woodrow Wilson administration, 1913-21. See Wilson Creek (Stuck, 1917,p197).