population 168, on left bank of Koyukuk River, 12 mi. NE of Roundabout Mtn., Koyukuk Low.
In the late 1940's the Koyukuk Indian population at the place called "Cutoff" or "Cutoff Trading Post" moved to a new location, 4 miles away, which was named "Huslia" after the nearby stream. In 1947 a post office was established at Cutoff. In 1952 the name was changed when the post office was moved to the new location, which is located on higher ground (Ricks, 1965, p. 16, 28).