population 315, on right bank of Ninglikfak River, 17 mi. E of village of Hooper Bay, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
This village, reported by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (USC&GS) in 1948, is fairly new because of the abandonment of "Old" Chevak and the relocation of its population to "New" Chevak. The name refers to "a connecting slough" on which old Chevak was located. A post office was established at "New" Chevak in 1951 (Ricks, 1965 , p. 10).