extends N off Shelikof Strait, on E coast of Alaska Peninsula, in Katmai National Monument, 16 mi. SE of Mount Katmai, Aleutian Range. 3.5 miles long.
Name published as Tagalack Bay by Admiral von Krusenstern (1827, map 17), Imperial Russian Navy (IRN) reported in 1904 as Dakavak Bay by G. C. Martin, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), who obtained the name from Nikolai Kalmakof, chief at Katmai. See Dakavak Lake.